flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Wienberg <fr...@jangaroo.net>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] FW: Cross-compiling to build components
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:13:42 GMT
Hi,

great to hear of this new approach!
I never understood why you guys implement Flex components for HTML5 in JS,
not in ActionScript. Once you have AS3 API "stubs" of the browser APIs
(DOM, BOM, remember my suggestions about a [Native] annotation some time
ago?), you would not be limited to building compound components like this,
but you could implement *any* component in AS3, in other words, port your
JS code to AS3! Or is there any show stopper for that with the FalconJx
compiler that I am not aware of? (Maybe the missing [Native] support?)