flex-dev mailing list archives

From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: SharedLibrary not works with SDK 4.11
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:31:08 GMT
The point is that WE have to host that extra file.

Therefore I would want to eliminate the need for multiple RSL's and consolidate them into
a single smaller optimized RSL with only the necessary classes needed for my app, with their

This would eliminate the need for every user generating 5n 301 hits against our CDN, where
n==1+number of modules.

When you are talking about an app with 1.5-2M MAU the cost of 5n 301's is considerable, and
reducing that to n 301's is a significant benefit.

> Subject: Re: SharedLibrary not works with SDK 4.11
> From: justin@classsoftware.com
> Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:27:52 +1100
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Hi,
> Perhaps I missing the point but you can use framework  RSLs with Apache Flex, however
they will be cached by the users browser and may still be useful and give some advantages
for an application that is used frequently, has high usage or with multiple application from
the same domain. It's not going to be as good as the framework being cached by teh flash player
but woudl still have some benefit. Can you do some A/B testing and see what the actual results
would be for a small part of your users?
> There's not much point in signing RSLs as it was a Flash Player feature that signed the
RSLs not a Flex SDK feature, the Flash Player would need to change in order to cache the Apache
or user signed RSL and that's probably not possible.