flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Ghaumez <er...@rxlabz.com>
Subject Re: Flex Showcase legal aspects
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:22:17 GMT
Le 18 déc. 2013 à 17:45, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> a écrit :

> On 12/18/13 7:00 AM, "Erick Ghaumez" <erick@rxlabz.com> wrote:
>
>> I obviously understand these legal doubts, but IMHO for the use of this 3
>> screenshots, it will be endless.
>> What kind of permission can be legal ? Is there a template document
>> somewhere ?
>> I can ask to the M6Web's CTO ( M6Web is  the subsidiary company which is
>> in charge of digital projects ), but will it be legally good enough ?
>> Does Apache need a CEO or lawyer/notary validated document ?
>> Plus, since M6 is a french Group, it will depends on french laws...
>> I will tell them that I added 6play in the Apache Flex showcase list, if
>> it¹s a problem for them I¹ll warn you. Does this sounds ok for you ?
> Yes, contact whoever actually owns this work and notify them that you
> would like to put their site on our showcase, and that you'll need to
> copy/paste their permission into a public JIRA issue.  Then it is their
> responsibility to make sure the right person authorizes it.  At Apache, we
> have a VP Branding who would do that.  I don't know how big the owning
> company is, but they should know who can sign for them.  Someone had to
> authorize the contract that is paying you, so they know how signing
> authority works.

:) sure, they probably know how signing authority works, but i don’t.
Sorry, i was maybe kind of naive to think I can just take some screenshots of my work and
use it to try to promote the SDK I’d used to make it. Indeed, it’s my work, but not my
property.
As I’ve said, the owner is « big » TV group, my contract is with a subsidiary company
in charge of digital projects. I don’t know if the one who signs my contract is legally
authorized to give this permission. But if I understand, if he gives one, it becomes his responsibility
?
I'll try to get one.

Thanks