flex-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Apache Flex Trademark
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 02:44:40 GMT
(note mixed private/public lists)

Yes, the ASF is the owner of the FLEX trademark for our Apache Flex
software product; Adobe kindly assigned the rights to this registered
trademark in the US and other countries to the ASF this past summer.
Although the USPTO has not yet processed the paperwork to show that
change of ownership in their records, it is in process, and that delay
does not affect the ASF's ownership of the mark.

The project should use the (R) symbol in the first and most prominent
uses of FLEX (as a name, not a logo) on any official pages on your

The logo is a common law mark, and should use a (TM) symbol.

Thanks for bringing up the other matters, we're aware of that.

- Shane

On 12/5/13 7:10 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find out if Adobe Flex trademark have been transferred fully to Apache
and was unable to find it on the USPTO site [1]. Has the trademark transfer process been finalised?
> Can you advise us where we should be using the "tm" symbol or the "r" symbol (or both).
Their use is probably inconsistant in the images on our front page. [2] eg "tm" in top left
logo, "r" in one of the main images, and missing altogether in another.
> Also while doing a quick search I noticed the following [2]. Probably not an issue but
thought I'd bring it up just in case.
> Thanks,
> Justin
> 1. http://www.uspto.gov