flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject FXG spec (was: RE: Donation News)
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 23:12:52 GMT
I didn't work on FXG compilation but I don't think there is a programmatic spec for it. In
both the old compiler and in Falcon it seems to use a SAX parser.

- Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: omuppi1@gmail.com [mailto:omuppi1@gmail.com] On Behalf Of OmPrakash Muppirala
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 11:39 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Donation News

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:

> The spec I wrote is for MXML 2006 and MXML 2009 (with various sections
> remaining incomplete) and it also contains proposals for a new dialect
> to fix various inconsistencies. It doesn't cover MXMLG/FXG, but I
> think Adobe had a spec for that and maybe Alex could arrange for it to
> be donated as well.

Thanks for the info, Gordon.  I have been asking for the MXMLG/FXG spec for a while now.
So, if that is something that could be donated, it will be of a big help for the FlexJS project.

Alex, my intention is to write an XSLT translator to make MXMLG/FXG and SVG to seamlessly
work together.  I have the beginnings of such an XSLT available here [1] and a basic example
here[2]

But if we have a programatic spec for FXG available, I can plug it in into a tool like Altova
MapForce [3] to automatically generate an XSLT for FXG <-> SVG conversion.  This would
speed up things a lot and makes visual fidelity matching between Flash and HTML5 apps that
much closer.

Thanks,
Om

[1]