flex-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Turner <Bi...@firstpac.com>
Subject RE: How to play a stream video on the my ipad
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:20:54 GMT
In my previous job, I worked with live video, and live streaming video via RTMP does work on
mobile devices.  The iOS devices don't support H.264 RTMP video, though, as listed in the
NetStream info you attached.  If the video is H.263, everything is fine (but bandwidth for
the same quality video goes up).

Bill Turner
Enterprise Software Engineer
First Pacific Corporation
(503) 588-1411 ext. 2303
billt@firstpac.com<mailto:billt@firstpac.com>
________________________________
From: sébastien Paturel [mailto:sebpatu.flex@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:52 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to play a stream video on the my ipad

you can't stream RTMP on mobile devices, you need HTTP streaming, if im not wrong

Le 13/11/2013 10:23, x8s9y a écrit :
Hi, all:

I use flash builder 4.7 with SDK 4.11 air3.9, red5 stream server,I want to catch the live
stream video(RTMP) and display on my ipad, but it is only work on ipad simulator. Display
blank on the ipad devices.Don't it support for RTMP on IOS?  and do you have any good suggestion?

FYI:http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/NetStream.html#play()<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/NetStream.html#play%28%29>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CEE051.A70CCD90]

Thanks.

Sunny

Confidentiality Notice: This page and any accompanying documents contain information that
is confidential, privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee. This information is private and protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited.