flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - An example of how API parity would look. I started at SimpleStateImpl and worked my way up ; -)
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 04:08:03 GMT

On 11/7/13 7:04 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>At this point in the development of the framework, no. Premature
>optimization and all thatÅ  I'd maybe mark it as a TODO.
Why would that be premature optimization?  I guess I'm now confused as to
where you want to put the abstraction differences?  Making all
Sprite/DisplayObject APIs available on the JS side seems more of a Vanilla
plan than a FlexJS plan.

>Remember, there is a second compiler (Closure) in the tool chain
>which takes care of most of the 'bloat' when it is creating release code.
>All those interfaces and nested classes go away, as they contain no
>executable code pathways.
What about methods?  Does it remove unused APIs?  How can you know when an
externally loaded "module" won't need that seemingly unused API?

View raw message