flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Project voting guidelines
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 02:01:17 GMT

> Is there a reason why you are proposing Lazy forms of voting for most
> actions?
Because that's generally the Apache default for voting in committers, PMC members etc etc.
Although it does vary somewhat with projects with guidelines/bylaws. Being able to veto the
voting in of a committer or PMC member seems reasonably important (to me anyway). Otherwise
it could be little more than a popularity or voting bloc contest - not that that has happened
yet. As always a valid veto needs a good reason.

>  I kind of like seeing how many folks vote +1 and who they are.
> Doesn't Lazy essentially only solicit vetos?
Hasn't stopped people voting +1 or +0 on previous consensus votes we've taken.

> Can you check whether it should be "[VOTE][RESULT]" or
Will do.

View raw message