flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Project voting guidelines
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 07:39:25 GMT
Hi,

> And the only difference between this and voting.html
Well voting.html doesn't clearly explain what lazy consensus and review and commit actually
means is practise ie changes are right away and stay until vetoed.

> is that we allow committers to veto as well as PMC members?
Yes that's is the main difference as voting.html states "Only votes by PMC members are considered
binding on code-modification issues". I believe we're been under the assumption that it was
 committers and PMC members. I don't see any harm in it and in fact is seems useful to the
project for a committer to be able to veto a check in. If enough people feel otherwise it
can be changed.

Thanks,
Justin