flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Air Stage Text Issue
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 15:54:41 GMT
>And note that, in most cases, the next best solution is to modify the application code
so that scrolling is not needed.  Just have more screens that you can swipe between.
>That kind of modification might be better than trying to implement code that makes sure
text inputs don't get partially clipped.

I was referring to " the last pixel of a dropshadow of a floating spell-check dialog" use
case that you mentioned before,
and thought it could be easily moved one pixel above to avoid occluding ;-).

As you said, there are two causes for occluding:
- occluding because scrolled TI is clipped.
- and occluding by a UI component that floats above the TI.

For the second case, removing the scrolling will not always prevent the occluding issues,
and I don't have a solution to that either.

For the first case, I think that forcing the clipped TI to scroll into view is an acceptable
solution; this is e.g. what Safari does on the iPad.
So removing the current scrolling issue ( StageText not scrolling) is worthwhile.

Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback  on this and will soon give a status on the implementation...

Maurice