flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Need advice on patch validation
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:06:07 GMT
Finally committed a modified version of the patch.

Thanks to all for your support and advice.
Thanks to Benoit for spotting the issue and providing the patch.

Regards,

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Envoyé : lundi 4 novembre 2013 09:57
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: Need advice on patch validation

Hi,

> If this is not the general position, we could consider reaching the
> same result in some other way? For example, recycling static member
> array variables in the helper class to avoid reallocations
A good suggestion and than would cut down the memory allocation/CG cost, and given that it's
an array with two numbers I don't think memory is the issue here. however in this case I'm
not 100% what all the callers do with the returned array and in case I think its cached into
an array which means we couldn't do that.

> Finally, as a side note, I read that Falcon is able to automatically
> inline method calls
>From memory you have to tell it do it and it's an all or noting affair which seems a bit
restrictive to me, but certainly worth keeping in mind.

Thanks,
Justin