flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/develop] - UNDO FIX https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33813 (DataGrid goes blank when scrolled and dataProvider is changed ) UNDO Fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33818 (Spark Datagrid colum...
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:17:36 GMT

On 10/14/13 2:16 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>And if so assuming the patches are correct isn't it better to fix the
>tests?
IMO, that's not a safe assumption to make.  And while investigating
whether the patches are correct it is best to revert so it doesn't block
building another RC.  Just because the patch fixes the problem in a test
case doesn't mean it couldn't have side effects.  We've seen that happen
several times recently.

For example, I was pondering changing my vote on 4.11 back to -1 because
it occurred to me that the scenario in the radiobutton focus ring test may
not be as "unreasonable" as I originally thought.  Mark Goldin's thread on
RadioButtonGroup made me realize that people may have multiple sets of
radio buttons all with the same group name if they specify sets of
radiobuttons in different MXML files or template a group in an MXML
component.  In theory, there should only be a problem if there is no
selected radiobutton in each set of radiobuttons and I think most folks
should have a default selection in each radiobutton group, but what do
others think?

-Alex