flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Date without Time (Was: Re: Adobe Bugbase: Bug 3643917 Updated: Date/time gets messed up by the client locale time zone setting)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 17:48:00 GMT

On 10/8/13 10:20 AM, "labriola@digitalprimates.net"
<labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

>Happy to talk about this at length if it helps.
Do you ever not talk about stuff "at length"?  Just kidding ;-)

>I spent a whole lot of time working on this issue and working with
>Adobe's i18n team on possible solutions. A lot of big enterprises wrestle
>with this.
So based on the detail in your response, I don't see any obvious reason
Apache Flex shouldn't introduce a new class called DateWithoutTime that
looks like:

[RemoteClass]
class DateWithoutTime extends Object
{
	public function get day():int;
	public function get month():int;
	public function get year():int;

	.. Copy all Date APIs that make sense...
}

Seems like it could instantiate a Date internally to do math on the fly.
What else would be needed?  Or is there more work to be done on the server
side to map that alias to a Java class?

Thanks,
-Alex