flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Falcon progress
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 05:51:52 GMT
I added an assert that checks if the TLF_HOME variable is set (either
system wide or in the unittest-properties). My guess is that if you
set this variable to point to the flex-tlf working copy, that test
will pass for you as well.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:
> I pulled the latest code, including your change, and ran SDKSWCTests again (3 times)
inside Eclipse by right clicking on SDKSWCTests.java in Package Explorer and choosing Debug
As > JUnit Test. Only one test is still failing for me, namely textLayoutSWC(). The JUnit
view says
> java.lang.AssertionError:
> Expected: is <0>
>      got: <1>
>         at f.SDKSWCTests.compileSWC(SDKSWCTests.java:110)
>         at f.SDKSWCTests.textLayoutSWC(SDKSWCTests.java:357)
> When I run just that one test, the Console view says
> environment property - FLEX_HOME = D:\asf\flex-sdk
> environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME = D:\asf\prerequisites\player
> environment property - TLF_HOME = null
> environment property - AIR_HOME = D:\asf\prerequisites\AdobeAIRSDK
> environment property - FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER = D:\asf\prerequisites\fp_11.1.102.63_archive\11_1r102_63_32bit_debug\flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_sa_debug_32bit.exe
> command line
> Error: unable to open 'D:\asf\flex-falcon\compiler.tests\null\compile-config.xml'.
> - Gordon
(i.e. with -ignore-problems set to cause the tests not to fail on warnings). I've added @Ignore
on 'sparkSWC' as I agree all committed tests should either pass or be ignored.
> What failures are you seeing on the 5 other tests that fail on your end?
> EdB
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Gordon Smith <gosmith@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Congratulations on getting more SWCs to compile with Falcon! It looks like only the
following 6 tests in SDKSWCTests still have problems:
>> authoringsupportSWC()
>> automation_flashflexkitSWC()
>> chartsSWC()
>> mxSWC()
>> sparkSWC()
>> textLayoutSWC()
>> Is there a reason why the @Ignore was removed from these failing tests? I recommend
keepng the Falcon test suite passing at all times, so that developers know when they've introduced
a new failure.
>> Most of the changes seem to have been minor changes to SDK code to placate Falcon
since it is stricter than the old compiler, or changes to the compilation options for the
test to suppress errors or warnings that we can fix later. However, I'm concerned about changes
to Falcon itself like this that are workarounds rather than fixes:
>>     FLEX-33713: An NPE is thrown by this code when compiling 'spark.swc' from the
SDK. The null check bypasses the issue, it doesn't do anything to fix the root cause...
>> I think this kind of thing is OK as long as these changes are trackable in some way
that makes it possible to go back and make the actual fix later. Do we have to just rely on
'git log' for to do this? If so, we should put something we can search for like "WORKAROUND"
in the Git comment.
>> Has anybody gotten a complete app to compile with Falcon yet? Does it run correctly?
>> - Gordon
> --
> Ix Multimedia Software
> Jan Luykenstraat 27