flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Installer changes to go with 4.11?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:52:14 GMT
>From [1]:

"Our download redirection can handle downloads via scripts, this is
done via 302 redirects, please ensure that the download system you are
using can follow those redirects, and also make sure that it is not
sending a User Agent designed to look like a browser's User Agent (if
the User Agent makes the download appear to come from a browser, we
will send the "Your download will begin..." page instead of just
serving the file)."

Now, it seems URLLoader sends a request with the User Agent
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.19.4
(KHTML, like Gecko) AdobeAIR/3.8", which I gather is being interpreted
as being from a browser... Any way to change the User Agent on
URLLoader or do we have a different method to download files with AIR
that doesn't have this behaviour?

EdB

1: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/13094

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Funny thing is these URLs succeed when used with the ant 'get' task. I
> recently put the one I posted before in 'downloads.xml' to fix an
> issue with the previous URL and it has been working fine since...
>
> EdB
>

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Maurice Amsellem
> <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:
>>>The AIR app will actually follow the redirect.  But it looks like on the first
hit they are setting a cookie and looking for the cookie before downloading the >real file.
 If not, they simply redirect to the downloads page for a five second wait.  And they do it
because they want to show ads apparently [1]

>> You are right.
>>
>> So I disabled cookies and javascript ,  erased all my cookies and history in chrome,
and run one of the URLs, and the download was successful.
>> I inspected the OSMF.swc request, it has no cookies.
>>
>> So I suspect it has something to do with the ;ts=1382081780 that is in the URL.
>> That's obviously a timestamp in 100th of seconds.
>> So maybe the server is doing some check or something on this value, and fails if
does not math an expected range,
>> So that people cannot use an old link to download.
>>
>> Or probably not, I don't know...
>>
>> Maurice

page before it gets redirected again.  The AIR app will actually follow the redirect.  But
it looks like on the first hit they are setting a cookie and looking for the cookie before
downloading the real file.  If not, they simply redirect to the downloads page for a five
second wait.  And they do it because they want to show ads apparently [1]

>> [1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/23335

>>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/osmf.adobe/OSMF%202.0%20Relea
>>> se%20%28final%20source%2C%20ASDocs%2C%20pdf%20guides%20and%20release%2
>>> 0notes%29/OSMF.swc?r=app%3A%2FFlexAIRsandbox.swf&amp;ts=1382081780&amp
>>> ;use_mirror=freefr
>>> ">

it does a 307
to follow the