flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with CallOut ASDOC
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 18:55:23 GMT
On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Maurice Amsellem <
maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Actually, after looking at the experimental CallOut code,  it's 95%
> similar to the original Callout.
>
> I don't know the story from the beginning, but I think it has been
> monkey-patched because the properties "actualHorizontalPosition" and
> "actualVerticalPosition" were protected, to make them accessible
> (mx_internal).
>
> So now that I know how to change and recompile the SDK :-),
>
> I just made that simple change (ie protected => mx_internal) in the
> original Callout class, and I can know use it in desktop (ie the callout
> pops up)
>
> Of course, I used a dumb Skin, to it does not look like a callout at all,
> but it should be feasible to adapt the experimental CallOutSkin to make it
> work on the original class.
> And it probably needs some more testing to make sure it works fine.
>
> So maybe we don't even need two classes, after all.
>
> After all, all other spark components (List, Panel, etc..) have the same
> hostComponent , and only differ by their skin on mobile and desktop
> platforms.
>
> What do you think?

I remember that there was a discussion about this a while ago.  Unsure as
to why we decided on a new component.
But I agree with you that we should merge these two components into one.

In fact, I like the mobile skin.  Perhaps we can use the same skin for
desktop as well?  We may want to lighten the default background color to
match that of the default Flex spark skins, though.

Thanks,
Om