flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex Bylaws
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 03:26:01 GMT
Hi,

Been suggested we call this document guideline not bylaws, I'm good with that.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Draft+Guidelines

I'd also like some feedback on what currently there if at all possible.

I'd also like to see a few other PMC members and others to have input on this and I'm not
sure if the replies are representative of the community as a whole.

So far from the 6 people who have replied with a,b,c + d (thanks for that), it reasonable
clear that:
- PMC's should be voted in by consensus (ie 3 +1s and no -1s/vetos)
- Chair should be voted in by consensus  (how this works with multiple candidates I'm not
sure)
- Chair should be reviewed every year
- Bylaws/guidelines can be changed by consensus

There is no consensus on voting in committers, with people liking majority, lazy-consensus
and  consensus equally.

Thanks,
Justin