flex-dev mailing list archives

From f...@dfguy.us
Subject Re: [FALCON] working on Mustella
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:06:46 GMT
Does falcon succesfully translate httpservice components into ajax calls? I'm curious about
what a flex app that's heavy on SOA comes out of falcon as. One thing I thought could be bad
about the flash plugin is inspecting and debugging http requests and responses etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl>
To: "dev@flex.apache.org" <dev@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 9:52 AM
Subject: [FALCON] working on Mustella

We left the discussion on using Falcon on the SDK with the idea to see
what it would take get Mustella tests to pass. Alex wrote:

>>There is no embedded font support in Falcon at this time, so running
>> Mustella is guaranteed to generate a lot of failures.  I suppose that some
>> energetic person could make a branch that doesn't have the embedded font
>> libraries and use MXMLC and generate all new baselines and fix
>> AssertPropertyValues that expect numbers based on embedded font metrics
>> and then prove that Falcon can run and pass all of these tests, but

Feeling particularly energetic today, I decide to give it a go. I
cloned a fresh SDK and build it, explicitly declining the embedded
font offer from the ant script. Sure enough, when I next tried to run
Mustella on the Label component, it balked with the message "Mustella
uses embedded fonts" I bypassed this test, and Mustella ran...
perfectly, passing all 255 tests.

I thought the idea was that without embedded fonts, a whole bunch of
tests would fail and I'd create new baseline images that we'd then use
to test Falcon, figuring that the lack of embedded font support causes
a lot of the Mustella failures when using Falcon as a compiler... What
am I doing wrong? If the Label tests don't use embedded font support,
than something else is causing all those failing bitmap compares when
using Falcon...

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht