flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex Bylaws
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:04:50 GMT

> I think we should.  Although I am not sure what the distinction means.  Are
> you thinking of restricting voting privileges to non active PMC?
Yes and that's in line with most of the Apache project bylaws (that I've seen). They say you
need to be an active committer or PMC member to vote.

We generally get enough people voting that it's not an issue, except with release candidates
and there you have to actually do something ie test/check the RC.

> IMHO, there are way too many committers/PMC members who have not
> contributed anything since the project started.
No real harm is keeping then as it's a possibility are they might contribute again in the

But perhaps have an email once every 6 months asking since you're not been active do you still
want to be a committer/PMC member? ie give them the option to retire.

View raw message