flex-dev mailing list archives

From Eric <eh.fx...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex is doing good!
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 16:19:47 GMT
I've already beaten this horse before, but I have to wonder if the lack
of a first class + free design view tool is also a significant factor.
I know that for us, it's a primary factor.  We don't want to risk losing
the capability for doing major UI redesigns or tweaks for our production
stuff, and don't want to be in the business of having to change
component sizes/coords in code and then navigate the application to see
how it looks.

Maybe I should build a demo interface which illustrates why this is so
important to us, and to see if we just have rare requirements.

A poll (preferably one using multi-select checkboxes, not radiobutton)
asking why devs haven't switched yet would be interesting if it can
reach enough of the right people.  I'd suspect the main reason is "no
need", and possibly custom component support (a factor for us too with
some Flextras stuff), but other than that I'm not sure.

On 10/4/2013 10:09 AM, Rushme Nayak wrote:
> really good news :)
> http://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2013/10/how-is-flex-doing-quick-start-guides-and-tutorials/

View raw message