flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Apache Flex 4.11.0 RC 1
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 02:11:56 GMT

> I dont think it is a valid test of the RC if the Installer is downloading
> the wrong OSMF swc.
I only put it there as a convenience to people who can't compile the SDK. People who have
binding votes shouldn't be using the installer :-)

>  In that case, you should probably revert the change to downloads.xml.
> Another option is we can put up a new config.xml that points to OSMF.swc
> 2.0 and ask RC testers to side-load the new config xml into the Installer
> via the commandline.

Up to you what ever you think is best, but the first option will stop the RC from getting
more widely tested and the second option isn't that much help to people who don't want to
compile the SDK (IMO) as they probably don;t want to stuff about with config files and the
command line.

View raw message