flex-dev mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: License Stuff
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:02:00 GMT
It should be able, but it's not the usual way to go. Think about CI Servers ... how do you
want to handle them?
I would like to keep the maven build as normal as possible.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2013 21:35
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: License Stuff

On 10/29/13 1:23 PM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for reminding me, it was completely out of my head.
>
>> I may still set up a simple "business" to distribute the same package
>> as
>Adobe 4.6 but a license acceptance will still be required which AFAIK
>still poses a problem for Maven.
>
>The acceptance can be done thru the installer which in return gives a
>credential to a Maven repo we could manage, maybe my limited company
>could manage to ask an Adobe Distribution License, what's the requirements ?
Looks like it is pretty easy to get a license.  Just ask here [1]

>> Maybe we should add some license handling to Maven itself?
>
>I don't think it is possible to have an interactive process.
If Ant can ask a question, Maven should be able to as well.  And if there is a server involved,
it should be able to handle registration so you can skip the interactive dialogs.  But that's
just my opinion...

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html