flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: UID performance
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:33:30 GMT
Hi,

> V3: generates the random hex bytes one by one, and writes them to the BA
> V4: generates 4 or 8 random bytes in one shot, and writes them to the BA  (hexa in lowercase,
to avoid call toUppercase() )
Probably best not too fiddle too much with the UID construction. While I can't think of any
major issues it would cause there could be subtle issues due to seeding of random numbers
and the like.

> I don't know if this is acceptable (are we breaking some code if we use lowercase instead
of uppercase).

Again can't think of any issues but probably safer if we kept it upper case.

Go ahead and post the code it could be interesting/useful to someone.

Thanks,
Justin