flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex depends on Adobe Flex SDK 4.6.0 to make SDK for IDE
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 06:22:28 GMT
Hi,

The binary releases are just a connivence, the real release is actually the source code.

We could have a PDF version of the release notes for connivence of non dev types (just like
the binaries) as long as:
- someone wants to create it
- people are willing to keep it up to date (and it would help if it was reasonably easy to
do so)
- it shouldn't replace the existing text RELEASE_NOTES

> "We do not have a hierarchical structure" which it obviously does.
We don't. Anyone can look at the source code, take it and modify it, and contribute back (in
any way) if they want. Anyone can sign up to and take part in discussions the mailing list.
Anyone can raise issues in JIRA. Anyone can supply patches.

Being a committer or PMC member or even the chair just gives you a little more responsibility
(ie you can get blamed fro breaking the build or tests) and some voting rights to give other
people more responsibility :-)

> describing any type of vision or road map
The issue with road maps is that you don't know for certain who will work on what when so
it's sort of hard to plan out in any detail. And unexpended things happen eg the new dpi skins
in the 4.10/4.11 release are there because a user asked for them and helped test them out.
OR the new mobile datagrid that was donated out of the blue OR the new performance enhancements
to the ADG which I discovered by accident when profiling in Scout.

Thanks,
Justin