flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Issue with mobile UI default sizes
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:59:43 GMT
> On a similar subject do we need to do anyting to support/improve support for the iPad
mini 1st gen (160) or 2nd gen (320)?

IMO,  Apple and Flex took two different approaches :

1) According to Apple,  same app running on  iPad mini should look the same that the app running
on ipad 2.
Which means the UI components will have physical smaller size, but same pixel sizes

2) Flex chose to preserve the physical size, which means that the app will look different
on iPad mini and get more pixels.

I think we need to follow Apple's approach, which makes me think that iPad 2 and iPad mini
needs to get the DPI (=160)

Maurice