flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Spark DateFieldSpinner
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:17:45 GMT
1) I know for the other way, i.e. setting interactionMode="mouse" on mobile apps.

For the spark:List component running on mobile:
-  interactionMode="touch" enables swiping, but D&D is disabled.
- interactionMode="mouse" enables D&D, but swiping is disabled.

So I had to set interactionMode="mouse" on a mobile List to enabled D&D, and it works
pretty much well.

So I  guess that setting one or the other does not break anything, it just changes the way
you interact with your components.

2) Searching for InteractionMode in the SDK source , you will find that setting InteractionMode="touch"
will disable some functionalities :
- Tooltips are disabled
- Hovering is disabled.
- Drag & Drop is disabled
Etc...

3) Also, some computers (eg. recent MacBooks) have a multi-touch enabled mousepad, so setting
interactionMode="touch" would even allow you to do some multi-touch gestures on desktop.

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sebastian Mohr [mailto:flex.masuland@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 3 octobre 2013 22:56
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: Spark DateFieldSpinner

So ... what does it mean to set interactionMode="touch" in desktop apps?
does it break anything? Or, will everything work the same as if I have set interactionMode="mouse"?
Thanks!

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Sebastian Mohr <flex.masuland@gmail.com>wrote:

> @Lee ... sure :)
> I could also have done it like this interactionMode="{**InteractionM
> ode.TOUCH}"
>
> > (dont fall into the trap of thinking Flash Builder always has your
> > best
> interests at heart)
> Also true! Before "Ground Zero Day" of Adobe Flex I probably wouldn't
> have agreed ;)
>

> --
> Sebastian (PPMC)
> Interaction Designer
>
> Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:
> http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample
>

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Lee Burrows
> <subscriptions@leeburrows.com
> > wrote:
>
>> ah ok, i thought you were setting value via ActionScript rather than
>> mxml. Although you can still use the constant value if you wish:
>>
>> interactionMode="{**InteractionMode.TOUCH}"
>>
>> (dont fall into the trap of thinking Flash Builder always has your
>> best interests at heart)
>>

>> On 03/10/2013 21:26, Sebastian Mohr wrote:
>>
>>> @Lee ... in FlashBuilder 4.6 autocomplete gives me two options "mouse"
>>> and
>>> "touch". So, there is no need to set the constant like this ...