flex-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Apache Flex September 2013 Report
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:10:46 GMT

On Sep 9, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>> Thanks for the input.  What is the "release candidate vote issue"?
> An RC was voted in as released but not released.
> IMO we had more RC than we should due to lack of committer involvement (and the release
manager job harder). With the number of committers we have in the project  a release (the
first in 6 months) should be able to attract more than 3 or 4 +1 votes. I think that's a concern
that needs to be noted in the report.

This is likely to reflect that voting properly takes work and once a sufficient number of
committers have done so the others do not need to do so.

For example, in Apache POI we usually stop at 3 +1 votes. It takes awhile to test and we are
all busy.

> Justin

View raw message