flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Nighly builds and releases
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 01:15:18 GMT

> I haven't look at how and when the date is added yet but can't we decide to
> add this date from the release target only as the release target is supposed
> to be run on a release branch only ?

That could and has caused errors, one of the 4.10.0 RC had to be redone because of this exact

Making and testing a RC is a lot of effort and I rather make that easier rather than harder
or ending up with an RC missing a build number.

Take a  look at building the release here:

"Other ant targets you may want to become familiar with are source-release, source-package,
binary-release, binary-package and rat-check. These are useful if you modify the files in
the kit and you want to short circuit some of the build process to test your changes."