flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Nighly builds and releases
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 02:04:59 GMT

> What was the problem exactly ?
One of the RCs had a build number of 0. The file in question was in gitignore so the difference
wasn't picked up until a RC had been made and several people had tested it.

> why attributing a build number only at release time would make it harder
How do you merge back into develop easily? Isn't it simpler not to have exceptions, rather
than say merge all files except these ones. The release process is complex enough as it is
and we're had zero people other than me to step forward to do a release (past the initial
4.8 one) because of that.

View raw message