flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Mustella failures
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 03:37:03 GMT

On 9/8/13 5:16 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> 	if ("softKeyboardRect" in FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication)
>> isn't right because the application's softkeyboard rect is an
>> variable and "in" only tests public variables.
>Thanks for that, fixed it by  changing it to be a try catch, the tests
>now pass.
>> Mustella was correct again, but you are right that it is hard to debug
>> these tests.  Did you ever get the debugger to work on a mustella test?
>Not yet no - that would certainly make it easier.
OK, let's try to get you set up.  Let us know what errors or failure
conditions you are hitting.
>What's the reason that the test swfs can't be run in FB (or other IDE)?
AFAIK, they can.  I don't do it because there are so many test SWFs it is
way more efficient to use FDB (for me).  Supposedly there is a way to
create a generic project in FB, launch it in the debugger, but somehow it
doesn't run and you launch the mustella SWF instead.  Not sure of the
details, but I think other folks on the list know how to do this.  I can't
imagine setting up an FB project for every test SWF.

View raw message