flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Accept donation of Systar DataGrid for Mobile Applications
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:18:44 GMT
Hi,

> In theory, Systar's legal department should be requiring some form of
> header on any code leaving your company.

I'm not a laywer but my understanding was that code (or anyting) doesn't have to have a copyright
header in order to give protection to it's owners,  that's now automatic.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_notice, looks like that changed in 1989 and there's
probably not a lot of code written before that date in the donation :-)

The headers/ copyright notice just make it clearer who the owners actually are.

Thanks,
Justin