flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSON to XML
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 06:20:52 GMT
I'd like to pick up on this discussion over on the users list.

Now with Adobe moving over to JS in their CS extensions, I'm going to be forced to move over
quite a few extensions to js. (I'm hoping that will be an opportunity for me to get more involved
in FlexJS…)

One of my (many) concerns is XML processing. While I can use JSON in some cases, others really
requires the processing to remain in XML (one example being processing IDML data). Has anyone
given any thought to cross-compiling E4X to JS in FlexJS? WHat other options might there be
for XML processing? Maybe proxy classes which translate into E4X in ActionScript and DOMParser
in JS?