flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject TLF Tables
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:16:13 GMT
I knew I was going to spend some real time on this one day, and that time is coming really
soon…

Before I dig in too deeply, what's the status on TLF Table support? I know it's officially
there, but I don't see any documentation on it -- not even the basics on how it's supposed
to be used.

I fully expect to find bugs once I start really digging into it, but some documentation (any)
would be nice to get me started.

Looking at the source code, I see the following classes:

TableElement
TableBodyElement
TableColElement
TableRowElement
TableColGroupElement
TableDataCellElement
TableFormattedElement

I understand the structure like this:

* A TableElement is the top level element for any table
* All elements in a table inherit from TableFormattedElement
* The bottom level of a table which needs to contain one or more ParagraphElements in a TableDataCellElement
* TableDataCellElements must reside within a TableRowElement

After this things get a bit fuzzier.

What is TableBodyElement used for?
How is TableColGroupElement and TableColElement used? (I assume they are used for formatting
table columns, but the details are not very clear to me.)
What about header and footer rows? Is that supported yet?
Header and footer columns?
Is breaking tables across containers supported yet?

I have not started studying how to specify table formatting either. I'm hoping that's obvious…

I'll try to add some documentation to the source code as things become clearer to me…

Harbs