flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Falcon] BasicTests compiles and runs
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:50:31 GMT
I am using a launch configuration in eclipse. Maybe the jars in generated are not updated.

Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

I am, last commit showing is "more fixes for BasicTests..."
(6b5dbbcbbda894b7c7b2998af0fe4776862769cd)

Falcon builds fine, all tests pass. I've added the
"generated/dist/sdk/bin" directory to my PATH and cd to the basicTests
dir before running "mxmlc basicTests.mxml".

The start of the terminal output is:

Using Flex SDK: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/sdks/4.10.0 (nightly)
4.7/sdks/4.10.0 (nightly)/frameworks/flex-config.xml
/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/tests/basicTests/BasicTests-config.xml

not adding bindable variable trait for disclosureGroup in Qname:
Group::{PackageNs:"spark.components"}
not adding bindable variable trait for editor in Qname:
TextInput::{PackageNs:"spark.components"}
/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/tests/basicTests/dmv/scripts/ADGTestScript.mxml
Error: Internal error in syntax tree request subsystem, when
generating code for:
/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/tests/basicTests/dmv/scripts/ADGTestScript.mxml:
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.MXMLCompilationUnit.handleSyntaxTreeRequest(MXMLCompilationUnit.java:89)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.CompilationUnitBase.processSyntaxTreeRequest(CompilationUnitBase.java:829)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.CompilationUnitBase.access$100(CompilationUnitBase.java:107)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.CompilationUnitBase$2$1.call(CompilationUnitBase.java:259)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.CompilationUnitBase$2$1.call(CompilationUnitBase.java:255)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.requests.RequestMaker$1.call(RequestMaker.java:228)
at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.units.requests.RequestMaker$1.call(RequestMaker.java:222)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

This "Error: Internal error..." bit is then repeated - with minor
variations - the kazillion times mentioned, all in a split second.

EdB

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> Are you on the develop branch?
>

> Sent via the PANTECH Discover, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.
>
> Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>

> I just tried to comile basicTests with Falcon, but even after some
> tweaking and rebuilding I get a kazillion errors like this one:
>
> Error: Internal error in ABC generator subsystem, when generating code
> for: /Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flex-sdk/frameworks/tests/basicTests/halo/scripts/ComboBoxTestScript.mxml:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>
> EdB
>

> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> I finally got Falcon to compile and run BasicTests successfully using the "old codegen".
 BasicTests is the test that runs when you run "ant checkintests".  Next task is to get it
to run with the –mxml.children-as-data flag.  After that, I'll be trying to get my internal
customer's app to run.
>> Far off is getting BasicTests to run without Flash because we'd need to have JS versions
of all of these components, but getting this far means that Falcon's MXML handling is in decent
shape.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27