flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shift Enter in TLF
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:40:21 GMT

Is it possible that your latest changes broke the cursor movement for soft line breaks?

Here's the behavior I'm seeing in 4.10.0:

With a line break (no new paragraph), and the cursor at the beginning of the new line I'm
seeing the following:
A backspace will delete the line break
Left arrow will move the cursor to the previous line.

In the latest development build:
Neither backspace or back arrow do anything.

It looks like this:
					var beginPrevious:int = NavigationUtil.previousAtomPosition(textFlow, operationState.absoluteStart);
returns the same value as the operationState.absoluteStart when the cursor is right before
a line return.

On Sep 1, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Alex Harui wrote:

> OK, pushed my changes.  Have fun.
> On 8/31/13 9:40 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 8/31/13 9:31 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do you mean the user would have to manually set back the version number
>>> when they compile?
>>> That does sound like a bitter pill to swallow. Setting internal variables
>>> sounds much more palatable to me.
>>> I'll create an internal bool handleShiftAsSoftReturn which will default
>>> to true.
>>> Makes sense?
>> Yep, that's what I would do.
>> Let me check in my most recent changes to support discretionary hyphens
>> before you get started so we don't get merge conflicts.
>> -Alex

View raw message