flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject Issue with line ending when commiting / pushing to GIT with IntelliJ (solved)
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 00:07:59 GMT

I solved an issue when trying to modify files from flex-sdk using IntelliJ,  and thought some
of you may be interested.
This is only with IntelliJ,  so FB or other IDE users can skip this message.

I was having trouble trying to preserve line endings when committing changes with IntelliJ.
Even when I changed only one line to any existing file from flex-sdk, some (but not all )
other lines appeared as being changed as well.
As I said, this does not happen with Flashbuilder, nor notepad++.

First I thought this was another git option ( eg. core.autocrlf).  So I tried up different
things, eventually messed up the whole repo and had to clone it back :(.

Finally, after comparing the modified files using hex editor, I found the reason for this:

IntelliJ 12.1.4 has a general option in  Settings > Editor called "Strip trailing spaces
on save" with three possible values:
Modified lines / All /  None.

It was set by default to "All".
Changing it to "Modified lines" fixed the issue.

Maurice Amsellem
SYSTAR R&D - BusinessBridgeFX
[Description : Telephone:] +33(0)1 49 11 45 62  /  [Description : Mobile Phone:] +33(0)6 07
48 95 43