flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: Flex Mobile DataGrid donation submission
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:39:32 GMT
Oops.  You are right.
I already attached the source code to the JIRA, and there are not headers , not even a notice

Maybe once you have downloaded the code, let me know and I will remove it from JIRA, so that
I have time to add all the legal stuff.

(I am not really in the legal mindset, you know).

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Envoyé : mardi 24 septembre 2013 18:30
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: Flex Mobile DataGrid donation submission

>> should I put a "copyright" header on each file ?
>It can be done later but if you do it now, a bit like the first answer,
>it will be easier to integrate.

I am not a lawyer, but IMO, there are two sides to this answer.  From your company's perspective,
you should clearly mark all exposed IP as to its ownership and licensing. At Adobe, we even
have internal scanners that try to make sure that any source and assets that are to be published
on any opensource channel have appropriate headers.

Then, from Apache's perspective, before we call the donation "complete"
the copyright needs to be in a NOTICE file and not the headers, and the headers must contain
the Apache License.  That can be done after the code is donated.

JIRA is a public exposure of IP so it would be in your best interests to have the headers
in place before attaching the source.  But what headers?
If your company is ok with it, then using Apache headers now and putting the copyright in
the NOTICE file will save us a step post donation.

View raw message