flex-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Smith <gosm...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Falcon progress
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:59:02 GMT
I see now that the workaround I mentioned was marked with FIXME in the source code, so that
makes it trackable.

- Gordon

From: Gordon Smith
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:38 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Falcon progress

Congratulations on getting more SWCs to compile with Falcon! It looks like only the following
6 tests in SDKSWCTests still have problems:

authoringsupportSWC()
automation_flashflexkitSWC()
chartsSWC()
mxSWC()
sparkSWC()
textLayoutSWC()

Is there a reason why the @Ignore was removed from these failing tests? I recommend keepng
the Falcon test suite passing at all times, so that developers know when they've introduced
a new failure.

Most of the changes seem to have been minor changes to SDK code to placate Falcon since it
is stricter than the old compiler, or changes to the compilation options for the test to suppress
errors or warnings that we can fix later. However, I'm concerned about changes to Falcon itself
like this that are workarounds rather than fixes:

    FLEX-33713: An NPE is thrown by this code when compiling 'spark.swc' from the SDK. The
null check bypasses the issue, it doesn't do anything to fix the root cause...

I think this kind of thing is OK as long as these changes are trackable in some way that makes
it possible to go back and make the actual fix later. Do we have to just rely on 'git log'
for to do this? If so, we should put something we can search for like "WORKAROUND" in the
Git comment.

Has anybody gotten a complete app to compile with Falcon yet? Does it run correctly?

- Gordon