flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Sugan Naicker" <Su...@Dev-X.co.za>
Subject RE: Welcome Darrell Loverin as Apache Flex Committer
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:08:40 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Darrell for taking the time to get involved.

The project is building up an impressive PMC team! Thanks to the rest of the
PMC members as well :-)

Regards,

Sugan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: 13 September 2013 10:44 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Welcome Darrell Loverin as Apache Flex Committer

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that the Project Management Committee (PMC) for
Apache Flex has invited Darrell Loverin to become a committer and he has
accepted.

Darrell provided several key patches to the Falcon compiler over the past
few weeks.  Darrell was a member of Adobe's ASC 2.0 team and therefore has a
better understanding of the Falcon code base than just about any other
committer.  Before that he spent nearly 6 years on the Flex team, helping to
create the cross-versioning feature known as the Marshall Plan and
implementing the signed RSL feature, style modules, improving embedded font
handling and more.  He therefore is familiar with ActionScript and the MXMLC
code base as well.

Darrell and I first worked together in the late 1980's at Wang Laboratories
on a product called Freestyle.  We both were at Lotus/IBM at the same time
for a while, Darrell on Lotus Notes while I worked on various other products
including cc:Mail.  And after I joined Macromedia to work on Flex, I
encouraged Darrell to join me.

Welcome Darrell!

Alex Harui
Apache Flex PMC Chair