flex-dev mailing list archives

From Ram Lee <ranbolee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Greate News! Flex 4.10 with AIR 3.8 running very smooth on iOS and Mac OS when "renderMode" set to "direct"
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:30:14 GMT
do we need air 3.8 version to get the performance boost? and can anybody explain why we don't
get the performance boost before?

李楠

在 2013-8-21,19:20,DarkStone <darkstone@163.com> 写道:

> It surprised me when I try to recompile my old Flex 4 projects with Flex 4.10 & AIR
3.8 SDKs, and deploy them to iPhone & iPad & MacBook, they runnning incrediblely smooth,
like 2 to 3 times faster than before, nealy native app performance!

> The trick is you need to set <renderMode>direct</renderMode> in the -app.xml
file, this will boost performance on iOS and Mac OS, so everybody just keep in mind of this.

> Now that the performance issue of Flex has been greatly improved on mobile devices, I'm
very excited, finding that Apache Flex has a great future!

> Flex is an awesome framework, which has great development efficiency, I think it's time
to let the world know that Flex is still kicking and it is the best solution for application
(not game) development and deployment across all platforms.

> So we should really working on the official Flex Showcase, more video demos of Flex Mobile
Apps on iPhone & iPad will be great! I'm planning to submit my own demo to the showcase
when I got the time.

> I've already wrote a decent blog post to spread the good news to the Chinese Flex Developers,
here is the link:
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6f56a2bf0101dm98.html
>
> Many thanks to the Apache Flex Community, I love Flex, and we shall attract more and
more people to the Flex community!