flex-dev mailing list archives

From Ram Lee <ranbolee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Greate News! Flex 4.10 with AIR 3.8 running very smooth on iOS and Mac OS when "renderMode" set to "direct"
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 05:10:38 GMT
Is this from AIR 3.8 or earlier versions? just searched the internet, wonder why Adobe didn't
mention such performance boost on the Apple devices?

李楠

在 2013-8-22,12:23,Joel Tan <joeltan@cype.com.my> 写道:

> Yes, I can feel the performance improvement as well on Flex mobile app!
>

> On Aug 21, 2013, at 7:20 PM, DarkStone <darkstone@163.com> wrote:
>
>> It surprised me when I try to recompile my old Flex 4 projects with Flex 4.10 &
AIR 3.8 SDKs, and deploy them to iPhone & iPad & MacBook, they runnning incrediblely
smooth, like 2 to 3 times faster than before, nealy native app performance!

>> The trick is you need to set <renderMode>direct</renderMode> in the -app.xml
file, this will boost performance on iOS and Mac OS, so everybody just keep in mind of this.

>> Now that the performance issue of Flex has been greatly improved on mobile devices,
I'm very excited, finding that Apache Flex has a great future!

>> Flex is an awesome framework, which has great development efficiency, I think it's
time to let the world know that Flex is still kicking and it is the best solution for application
(not game) development and deployment across all platforms.

>> So we should really working on the official Flex Showcase, more video demos of Flex
Mobile Apps on iPhone & iPad will be great! I'm planning to submit my own demo to the
showcase when I got the time.

>> I've already wrote a decent blog post to spread the good news to the Chinese Flex
Developers, here is the link:
>> http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6f56a2bf0101dm98.html
>>
>> Many thanks to the Apache Flex Community, I love Flex, and we shall attract more
and more people to the Flex community!