flex-dev mailing list archives

From Shengyuan Xue <x8...@163.com>
Subject Can't get the current bitrate info use SMPTE-TT Plugin
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 02:23:10 GMT

I am a new member.Thank the apache community provide me a chance that report some questions.
Using OSMF2.0 to stream a smil title.
Add the MediaPlayerCapabilityChangeEvent.IS_DYNAMIC_STREAM_CHANGE event listener, after the
event dispatch then add the DynamicStreamEvent.SWITCHING_CHANGE event listener.
The bitrate info can be report, normal. But after I add the SMPTE-TT plugin and load it like
var pluginResource:MediaResourceBase = new PluginInfoResource(new SMPTETTPluginInfo);mediaFactory.loadPlugin(pluginResource);
The title can be stream correct and the quality of the video can be set by the bandwidth,
but only the DynamicStreamEvent.SWITCHING_CHANGE event can not be dispatch, so I can't get
the current bitrate info.
I debug it in the OSMF source code and find the issue in the org.osmf.elements.compositeClasses.ParallelDynamicStreamTrait
class line 323

onSwitchingChange function that the numChildrenSwitching property always 0, so it can not
call the setSwitching function and can not dispatch DynamicStreamEvent.SWITCHING_CHANGE event.
So, I add some changes from line 333 to line 336 and it has be fix:

Environment:Flex SDK 4.6 + flash player 11.8.
I don't know it is a bug in the OSMF framework and I want to get more info about it.

- Sunny.Xue

View raw message