flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Significant Advanced Datagrid performance improvement
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 05:32:11 GMT

On 8/26/13 9:35 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>I was look at the ADG with advanced telemetry and notice as issue with
>get columns and garbage collection and come up with a reasonably simple
>The fix for it significantly improves ADG performance (much more that I
>thought it would), depending on the number of columns, rows etc and from
>what I've seen it can be up to twice as quick, and for some operations eg
>sorting columns and horizontal scrolling the speed improvement is even
>better than that. In some case I'd estimate that it's going to have an
>order of magnitude speed increase over Apache Flex 4.9.
Excellent!  I'm a bit concerned about exposing it publicly because if
folks manipulate the array instead of a clone things can go funky but
having the internals get the low-level array sounds like the right thing.

>Is this worth a point release or should we just point people to the
>nightly build?
I think we have a number of other issues to work through (some DG issue
with states, a chart styles/modules thing, the comparable for Java 7).
Then maybe it will be time for 4.11.

View raw message