flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.7 compiler issue
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 05:26:51 GMT

On 8/26/13 5:42 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> It is doing the right thing for Java 6, but Java 7 is stricter.
>Sure understand that, but as I said looking at the code it seems to do
>the right thing ie can return 0,1 or -1 as required, obviously there
>something subtle in there.
Yes, the subtlety supposedly has to do with parameter ordering.  I think
if the sort tests a,b and b,a and gets inconsistent results it throws.  In
the example I linked to, I think the way null got handled was the issue.

>If swcScript1 == swcScript2 then that could possibly return -1 rather
>than the expected 0?
Not sure.
>Do we have a test case that we can reliable reproduce the issue?
I don't have one handy. It may be related to a particular set of swcs with
duplicate compilation units.  I know I hit it once but that was a while

View raw message