flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:38:17 GMT
Sorry this took so long, but I had to revive my Windows 7 laptop.

I did not have any problems installing the FlexJSOverlay. These are the
steps I followed:

1. I installed JDK7 (set JAVA_HOME and my path to include the bin
directories of the JDK and JRE).
2. I installed Apache Flex using the installer and stored it as
3. I downloaded the FlexJSOverlay and expanded it as:
4. I changed to the FlexJSOverlay directory and ran: deploy.bat
c:\apache-flex c:\Users\pent\apache-flexjs

This script ran without any errors and built the apache-flexjs directory.
I did not have to change the permission settings on any files.

I have to emphasize that I have not used this Windows 7 laptop in a while
(not since Mustella days, actually), so this was a pretty clean install.

Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems

On 8/13/13 12:12 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>Try checking out the privileges on that file in the Windows Explorer.
>I've seen that file and other files end up with restricted privileges.  I
>still haven't figured out why.
>And thanks for trying it out.
>From: Christian Jonathan
>Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:44 AM
>To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>"
>Subject: FlexJS
>Hello Apache Team,
>        I am on step 6 of Using FlexJS with Adobe Flash
>+Adobe+Flash+Builder> attempting to copy the FlexJSOverlay files with my
>Apache 4.10 SDK to a new folder on my desktop
>I am receiving the following error during the file copy process
>³'setuplaunches.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external
>command, operable program or batch file.³
>I have run the setuplaunches.bat command independently appears to the 4
>FlexJS launch options which can be imported to Flash Builder for use.
>When trying to compile an application using FlexJS (Debug) or any of the
>4 run configurations - I receive the following dialog box ­ see attached
>I have also attached the window to the external tools configurations if
>that provides any insight to the problem.
>Any suggestions/help would be appreciated as I am very excited to play
>with the FlexJS compiler!
>Jonathan Christian
>Software Engineer - Controls Engineering
>KOHLER Co. | Kohler Power Systems
>Office: 920.457.4441 x33191

View raw message