flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexUnit release
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:48:28 GMT

On 8/2/13 11:43 AM, "labriola@digitalprimates.net"
<labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

>>I think folks may trust us by now, so it may not be worth making a
>>parity release.
>
>Alex,
>
>The only counter point I offer is that, if we had a parity release with
>the Apache name (or even a release that integrated some of the existing
>pull requests) people might begin associating the project with this
>effort and hence help me move questions and requests for help to the
>Apache lists instead of the variety of other forums and locations. So, I
>see there being some value in the advertisement for the point of
>consolidation.
Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I think Apache Flex should make a release of
FlexUnit, but it doesn't have to be a "parity" release.  I don't know what
pull requests are outstanding, so I trust your judgement on whether
anything outstanding might scare folks away.  If not, I don't see why the
first Apache release of FlexUnit couldn't just contain those improvements.

-Alex