flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mailing Forums
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:26:51 GMT
On Aug 17, 2013 10:07 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It picking the emails posted to the list fine, and I can see one or two
features, social media integration, nice mobile interface as useful and it
seems fast but I still don't understand why people prefer it to using a
real email client. Each to their own I guess.

For things I am not very active on, but am still interested in being in
touch with once in a few days, forums are better than making lists.

> > Maybe you can ask here http://support.nabble.com/
> I've asked and form what I've since read it is possible just no idea how
to do it.

> We can also give the new forums them nice domain names, I was thinking:
>
> http://devforums.flex.apache.org
> http://userforums.flex.apache.org

Sounds good to me.

> Any other suggestions?
>
> We'll also need to update the listing page, but I let the forums run for
a week or so before making that changes.

+1 for waiting and testing for a few days before updating the website.

Thanks,
Om