flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Press] Nice article about Apache Flex 4.10 release
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 23:35:06 GMT
Hi,

> Anyone tried the installer badge here: flex.apache.org/installer.html on
> Linux?   I am not sure if it supports Linux.  We might want to fix that
> asap.

Manage to fix it and test on windows and linux.

Can someone on windows double check - you need to make sure you download the new badge swf
and not use a cached version.

Probably what I've done here should in theory require a vote as the badge could be considered
deployed software, but as not fixing may cause a horde of angry Linux users to descend on
us I think it was the right thing to do. If anyone thinks otherwise say so and I'll revert
the change to the web site.

What we should do next time is vote on the installer and badge at the same time.

We also need some documentation of how to build the installer badge as currently there none
and there no ant file or the like.

Thanks,
Justin