flex-dev mailing list archives

From Swen van Zanten <f...@hdsign.nl>
Subject Re: Apache Flex showcase
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:06:23 GMT
I'm willing to make examples but I think there should be a list of the examples we want to
Also I don't know how we should show the samples on the website.

I was thinking of making a sort of kinda like blog-thing for my own.. but making it in the
name of Apache Flex and publish it on the website is I think a better way.
I think we should do it this way [1] or this way [2]

[1] http://feathersui.com/examples/
[2] http://blog.flexexamples.com (if it even works)

Hoofdstraat 160
2171 BL, Sassenheim

Op 16 aug. 2013, om 17:01 heeft Scott Guthmann <scott@on3solutions.com> het volgende

>> And:
>> Someone should review the quality of the provided projects (quality of provided images,
logos, description) to avoid ugly content, or small projects from some "newbies".
>> "Newbies" sounds hard, but not the quantity, the quality counts.
>> When a new developer creates a nice first project and there are 20 user ...
>> this is great, but to promote this project on the official flex sites is not so amazing.
> I think you have misdiagnosed the problem. We don't have *any* Flex apps showcased up
on the Apache Flex website at the moment. Nor, do we have a volunteer to get this content
written and images placed into HTML or a live app that is available for a user to play with
on some page on the site.
> IMO, the problem is that we lack *someone* doing the work - not that something currently
being shown has inadequate quality. Is this issue important enough to you to do something
about it?