flex-dev mailing list archives

From DarkStone <darkst...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Greate News! Flex 4.10 with AIR 3.8 running very smooth on iOS and Mac OS when "renderMode" set to "direct"
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 05:28:04 GMT
Hi Ram,

The major performance improvement is done by AIR 3.8 (not earlier AIR versions), and the reason
why Adobe didn't mention this is because they always have the lousy PR (Public Relations),
which hide the good news and spread the bad news, they should fire their PR managers immediately.

At the same time, Flex 4.10 fixed a lot of bugs, which improves the framework perfomance as
well.

So with Flex 4.10 and AIR 3.8, you can really build mobile apps with it, and running smooth
on iPhone &amp; iPad &amp; Mac &amp; PC.

Now, we can proudly say that Flex has become the best crossplatform application development
&amp; deployment solution on earth!

DarkStone
2013-08-22
At 2013-08-22 13:10:38,"Ram Lee" <ranboleelan@gmail.com> wrote:
>Is this from AIR 3.8 or earlier versions? just searched the internet, wonder why Adobe
didn't mention such performance boost on the Apple devices?

>李楠
>
>在 2013-8-22,12:23,Joel Tan <joeltan@cype.com.my> 写道:
>
>> Yes, I can feel the performance improvement as well on Flex mobile app!
>>

>> On Aug 21, 2013, at 7:20 PM, DarkStone <darkstone@163.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It surprised me when I try to recompile my old Flex 4 projects with Flex 4.10
& AIR 3.8 SDKs, and deploy them to iPhone & iPad & MacBook, they runnning incrediblely
smooth, like 2 to 3 times faster than before, nealy native app performance!

>>> The trick is you need to set <renderMode>direct</renderMode> in the
-app.xml file, this will boost performance on iOS and Mac OS, so everybody just keep in mind
of this.

>>> Now that the performance issue of Flex has been greatly improved on mobile devices,
I'm very excited, finding that Apache Flex has a great future!

>>> Flex is an awesome framework, which has great development efficiency, I think
it's time to let the world know that Flex is still kicking and it is the best solution for
application (not game) development and deployment across all platforms.

>>> So we should really working on the official Flex Showcase, more video demos of
Flex Mobile Apps on iPhone & iPad will be great! I'm planning to submit my own demo to
the showcase when I got the time.

>>> I've already wrote a decent blog post to spread the good news to the Chinese
Flex Developers, here is the link:
>>> http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6f56a2bf0101dm98.html
>>>
>>> Many thanks to the Apache Flex Community, I love Flex, and we shall attract more
and more people to the Flex community!